He is an author, poet, graduate program field instructor, a former college of medicine instructor and former national director of sales and training.
He is also owner of Humor Horizons, his professional speaking business. David is an expert in the use of using humor to overcome chronic pain and illness. He accomplished a 50 mile unicyle ride after living years with severe arthritis. He is also the author of the award winning book: The 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Humrous People."
He has appeared in magazines,journals and other news media in the North America, Europe and Asia.At twenty-two he was diagnosed with a severe form of arthritis that temporarily put him into a wheelchair. Ten years later he accomplished an award winning fifty mile unicycle ride and received the PBAA Jim Elliot Award!
His purpose now is to share his discovery of how humor made his world better and can make the world a better place for you and your loved ones too.
Awards & Designations
- Recipient of an Arthritis Foundation 2004 Lifetime Achievement Award
- Professional member of the National Speakers Association (NSA) since 1996.
- USA Book News Finalist Award: "The 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Humorous People" 2007
- President's Award: Flashnet Marketing
- Joy Mask from the Korean Broadcasting System
- National Hero Overcoming Arthritis: Arthritis Foundation 1998
- Wayne Washburn Memorial Award: Arthritis Foundation 1997
- Founder of Humor Horizons in 1995.
- Several editor's choice awards for poetry
- The 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Humorous People
- Extreme Excellence
- Conversations on Health and Wellness